AVAILABLE JOBS: SEARCH RESULTS
Honolulu (1 jobs)
COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR/Beauty Indust...
COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR/Beauty Industry Professional
JOB TYPE: Part-Time or Full-Time
TRAVEL REQ’D: No
If you’re a dedicated, enthusiastic, energized, and experienced beauty industry professional who believes in the power of sharing your knowledge, motivating others, and putting students first, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a talented, creative beauty industry pro, preferably with some teaching experience or with a current Hawaii BEO and a willingness to train as an instructor, to join the academic team at our Paul Brown Institute, part of our Remington College Honolulu Campus. You will report to the Campus’s Cosmetology Department Chairperson.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures and to state and federal laws.
• Educates and trains students in his or her field of expertise using accepted and approved instructional methodology.
• Prepares lesson plans using industry-standard approaches (e.g., multimedia, adult learning methodology).
• Teaches courses as assigned, instructs and evaluates students, develops students’ skills and encourages growth, and tracks their attendance, performance, and grades.
• Participates in various administrative activities (e.g., attends faculty/staff meetings or in-service meetings).
• Participates in graduation ceremonies, as assigned.
• Participates regularly in continuing professional development activities.
• Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
• At least three (3) years of practical work experience as a licensed cosmetologist.
• A current state of Hawaii cosmetology operator’s license, preferred.
• Related teaching experience preferred but not required.
• A competitive salary.
• A comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, disability, life, vision.
• 401K, and flexible spending accounts, for full-time employees.
Learn more about us at Remington College – Honolulu Campus. Find out more about our Cosmetology diploma program!
How to Apply:
Please click the APPLY NOW button, or email your résumé in MS Word format to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.
Help us to train tomorrow’s work force!
Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art
This is a part-time non-exempt (hourly) position reporting to the Conservator with offices located at 4055 Papu Circle, Honolulu, HI 96816.
Shangri La was built between 1936 – 1938 as Doris Duke’s private estate and to house her growing collection of Islamic art. The collection is comprised of approximately 2,500 objects ranging from pre-Islamic material to early 20th century commissions, in a wide variety of media. A significant portion of the collection is integrated into the historic architecture. The collection is particularly strong in material from the 17th through 20th centuries, and in ceramic tiles and vessels. It additionally includes household furnishings, clothing, archives, and a small working library.
A member of the conservation department, the conservation technician’s primary responsibility is to assist the conservator in executing daily conservation activities including the care, maintenance, and monitoring of the collection at Shangri La in accordance with established procedures. The technician provides comprehensive support and assistance to his/her supervisor in completing all reasonable requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform general and preventive maintenance (i.e. cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, etc.) on objects in the collection including metal, wood, stone, plaster, ceramics, glass, paper and textiles. Note: The collections care duties are performed as part of a regular weekly schedule. The schedule is based on the coordinated needs of all Shangri La departments (i.e. programs, collections, security, buildings and grounds, etc.) and is subject to change.
• Monitor and report on the condition of house interiors and collections.
• Perform duties in concert with conservator, collections manager, curator, conservation interns, maintenance and other staff and consultants as needed (i.e. assist with professional photo shoots, handling and relocation of objects, preparation of basic condition reports, etc.).
• Carry out conservation treatments within the parameters of his/her specific expertise for display, loan, storage and research purposes.
• Efficiently work in conservation work areas/labs, adhering to defined protocols and procedures, handling all materials in a manner consistent with preservation policies and established conservation practices, and ensuring workplace health and safety standards, etc.
• Maintain inventory and working condition of conservation equipment and supplies.
The candidate will receive on the job training but must have the following basic qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
• Experience in the physical handling of historical materials and a variety of media.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform repetitive work tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, climb and work from a high stepladder and scaffolding, climb multiple flights of stairs, and work in a tropical, non-climate controlled environment.
• Sufficient agility to vacuum collection pieces with hand-held nozzle inside exhibition areas.
• Basic knowledge of MS Windows-based software and willingness to learn new software.
• Experience with digital photography, including still and video camera use, scanning and uploading files a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal skills; good writing skills.
• Experience in successfully working both independently and collaboratively.
• Versatile and adaptable with ability to manage priorities.
• Flexibility, collegial demeanor and genial sense of humor desired.
• Other related tasks as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com . Include your last name followed by ’Conservation Tech’ in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2014.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Cosmetology Instructor | Beauty In...
Cosmetology operator’s license
At least 3 years
Cosmetology Instructor | Beauty Industry Professional
Are you a dedicated and enthusiastic cosmetology professional ready to make a difference by educating students who are eager to train in cosmetology? Bring your talents and skills to Remington College, a non-profit, non-traditional institution with high ethical standards, fostering a culture in which you can make a difference.
We’re seeking a talented, creative beauty industry pro, preferably with some teaching experience or with a current Hawaii BEO and a willingness to train as an instructor, to join the academic team at our Paul Brown Institute, part of our Remington College Honolulu Campus, on a full-time basis. Salary is competitive.
Cosmetology Instructor (Non-Profit Education)
As a full-time cosmetology instructor, you will train students in your field of expertise using accepted and approved instructional methodology.
Additional responsibilities include:
•Preparing lesson plans using industry-standard education approaches (e.g., multimedia, adult learning methodology).
•Teaching courses as assigned, instructing and evaluating students, developing students’ skills and encouraging growth, and tracking their attendance, performance, and grades.
•Participating in various administrative activities (e.g., attending faculty/staff meetings or in-service meetings), graduation ceremonies, and continuing professional development activities.
•Supervising and monitoring students’ use of tools and equipment.
•Observing and evaluating students’ work to determine progress, providing feedback, and making suggestions for improvement.
•Administering tests to measure progress and evaluate training effectiveness.
As a full-time cosmetology instructor, you must believe in the power of sharing your knowledge, motivating others, and putting students first and must be passionate about training tomorrow’s work force.
Additional requirements include:
•At least three (3) years of practical work experience as a licensed cosmetologist.
•A current state of Hawaii cosmetology operator’s license.
•Related teaching experience preferred.
•Excellent people skills.
We offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
•Medical, dental, and vision Insurance.
•Life and AD&D insurance.
•Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
•Flexible spending accounts.
•Employee family scholarship program.
•Paid time off.
Learn more about us at Remington College in Honolulu. Find out more about our Cosmetology diploma program!
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants: Please email your resume to Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Remington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide reasonable accommodation where appropriate to applicants with disabilities
© Copyright 2015 Carmel Enterprises - All Rights Reserved
Oahu jobs - Jobs, Help Wanted, and Employment opportunities for Oahu, Hawaii.